ELIZABETH WHITE writes: Following the 2017/18 consultation and report findings published in September 2018, a next step is that of establishing a year-long small group of people to look at the practical feasibility of introducing a voluntary accreditation scheme for spiritual directors.
The Task Group will together establish the Terms of Reference for the group and set the immediate remit of this phase. Initially we will set group guidelines and look at four areas:
1. Discern whether there is a need to establish a new national organisation to ‘hold’ an accreditation scheme
2. Consider ‘what’ accreditation might look like e.g. will there be one or more pathways, and decide ‘who’ might take forward the more particular work of setting criteria
3. Look at financial implications for this stage and the future
4. Bring forward anything further from the Report for discussion
Following on from these four tasks, the group will decide together what may be needed next.
Gifts and Skills
Whilst acknowledging that we are in new territory we are seeking interest from individuals who can offer some of the following gifts and skills, to help us form this small task group:
* People who are practising spiritual directors
* Grounded in their own experience of Spirit
* Familiar with the accreditation survey report
* Willingness to work collaboratively
* Experience of enabling new projects to come to life
* Some experience of one of the following would be a bonus: accreditation processes, financial stewardship, supervision or training of directors, fundraising, administration, management, or legal work
* Voluntary time and energy for approximately six 90-minute meetings via online platform (Skype or Zoom with good Broadband speed) over the next 12 months
* The task group may decide that one meeting is held face to face during 2019. Expenses would be offered for this
* Time to give to reading draft documents, reflection and follow up emails
As the year progresses further decisions will be made by the group about the way forward. This will include reviewing options for future commitment by initial task group members.
To express interest please email Elizabeth and Lynette by Monday 26th November giving a few details about yourself and what you feel you could bring to this task group. We are also happy to answer any queries by email:- firstname.lastname@example.org